Friday, October 26, 2012

Isolation

I haven't found any more of the Heralds yet, but I found a victim of the Frozen Orphan. However, she was surrounded by allies. The Orphan would never appear unless we got her alone.

"Isolate her," I instructed. The Darkness obeyed. They slaughtered most of the runners, as I watched from the shadows, invisible to all but the Darkness.

However, there was someone there who surprised me. A young man who had power over reality itself. He was able to ward off the Darkness, protecting a few of the other runners. He then looked straight at me, as if he could see me. He then charged at me, with a spear in his hand. I melted  into the wall behind me and fled. My title as "Escapologist" was originally a fluke caused by spellcheck. I had meant to name myself "Bill the Egyptologist", but apparently spellcheck doesn't believe in that word. However, with my new powers, I truly am a master of escape.

As I fled, I heard a voice in my head.

You will pay for this, William Dawson!

Interesting. Not only can he manipulate reality, but he's also a telepath.

The Darkness asked me if I wanted him dead, but I came up with another plan. He is a former servant of the Stranger, and is now a runner. We can kill two birds with one stone. A runner from the Frozen Orphan, and a runner from the Stranger. We can use them to draw out the Heralds and earn their allegiance. All we have to do is play our cards right.



Alright, runners. It is time for you to help further our goals.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I love how you just called yourself Escapologist because of some spelling error. That makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete